Monday, October 5, 2009

Herdsman Lake - My birdwatching haunt (I)

Within just a month or so since I (seriously) started to watch birds, Herdsman Lake has become my birdwatching haunt. The lake simply has a lot to offer.

I have already written about the Nankeen night heron, Eurasian coots and young, Rainbow lorikeet, Great crested grebe (1, 2), Black-winged stilt, Musk duck, Yellow-billed spoonbill, Australian white ibis, Laughing dove, and Grey butcherbird in my earlier posts.

Other waterbirds that I have photographed at the lake include:

1. White-faced heron (Egretta novaehollandiae)

Photos taken: 20/09/09

2. Great egret (Ardea alba)

Photo taken: 3/10/09

3. Purple swamphen (Porphyrio porphyrio)


Photos taken: 20/09/09

4. Little pied cormorant (Phalacrocorax melanoleucos)


Photos taken: 19/09/09

No comments: