Saturday, September 5, 2009

Birds (I)

It was sunny but still chilly and windy today. Really not feeling motivated to work, I hopped on my bike and rode to the South Perth foreshore to see some birds. I wasn't disappointed.


A male Australian shelduck (Tadorna tadornoides)


A female Australian shelduck with her chicks


Daddy, mommy and the kiddos - a pretty sight



A pair of black swans (Cygnus atratus) and their cygnets


1. LEFT: Australian wood ducks (Chenonetta jubata)
(the female has two white stripes above and below the eye)

2. RIGHT: Pied oystercatchers (Haematopus longirostris)


1. LEFT: Galah (Cacatua roseicapilla)

2. RIGHT: Long-billed corella (Cacatua tenuirostris)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!
daddy,mummy & the kiddos: really cute..
nice pink color of galah as well!

Tsun-Thai Chai said...

Good to know you like it. The chicks really look like toys to me : )

Chai