Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gardens in the Changi International Airport

Despite my little experience in flying, I have seen airports in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Zurich, Lisbon, Mallorca, and Perth, Western Australia. Of all these airports, the one I like best is the Singapore Changi International Airport.

The first reason is definitely because I could get free access to the Internet!

Secondly, the airport is not boring at all. Entertainment and other facilities aside, I have really enjoyed visiting the gardens that they have in their airport.


When I walked around in the airport, I could see that they really made the airport pretty. I found these two spots where they put up some floral decorations for Deepavali.


In the airport, orchids were everywhere. If you don't know, the national flower of Singapore is an orchid called Vanda Miss Joaquim.


There is a rooftop sunflower garden. It was raining that afternoon, so I decided to only admire the sunflowers from a distance.


There is also a rooftop cactus garden.



There must be 30 or even more cactus species in the garden.



The orchid garden is the one I liked best. All those colors were so pleasing to the eye.


There is also a fern garden in the airport.


And a small pond with some Japanese koi in it.

They also have a few other gardens, e.g. the butterfly garden, which I didn't visit because I was running out of time.

1 comment:

Afroz said...

It's really good dud!